Members of Troop 48 are expected to:
• Follow Scout Oath, Law, Outdoor Code. Respect our meeting facilities
• Wear scout shirt during meetings, campout travels and full Class A during Court of Honor ceremonies
• Attend weekly meetings and participate in monthly outings
• Assist with Troop and Eagle Scout service projects
• Interact appropriately with other scouts and adult leaders
• Stay up on announcements, upcoming events, utilize FB Page
• Assist in troop’s annual fundraising event(s) with parent assistance
Parents should to assist their sons by:
• Supporting program by scheduling time for meetings and outings
• Being aware of announcements and calendar of events
• Allowing scout to become more independent. Know when to assist and when to back off (Don’t just pack gear for him)
• Understanding the troop is boy-led and boy-run.
• Not letting weather stop participation on outings.
• Providing transportation for troop and patrol outings
Additional optional areas:
• Become trained in Youth Protection, become an active committee member, serve as a Merit Badge Counselor
• Attend outings
Our Troop arranges once-a-month weekend type of camp outs or day outings ranging but not limited to the following:
Tail-gating / District Camporees, Weekend Backpacking / Day Hikes, Summer Camp (Camp Ottari), High Adventure (Whitewater, caving, climbing, etc.), Merit Badge College Training, Prior to camp outs, what to/not to pack is typically discussed.